MAX IV User Meeting
The 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions (UM18) will take place at the Scandic Star Hotel in Lund on the week 39: Monday 24 to Wednesday 26, September, 2018.
General overview of the MAX IV beamlines stages of development , by June 2018.
Access to use MAX IV
At the laboratory, researchers from all over the world will be performing their experiments, 24 hours a day, six days a week. Each experimental station is designed and specialised for a certain type of experiments. In the Synchrotron Light Sources community a user is someone who has been granted access to use the facilities provided. Currently the majority of the users are researchers from academy with a scientific project, however synchrotron light is a powerful tool serving the scientific community and society and as such, other sectors like industry and various training and education instruments also benefit from MAX IV.
The access to the facility is organized through different calls for proposals. Current and prospective calls can be found under Open Calls. The next call for user proposals will open on March 28, 2018 and close on April 27, 2018 at the MAX IV Laboratory. This call is for proposals requesting beam time at the BioMAX, HIPPIE and NanoMAX beamlines in the Research Areas Structural Biology, Spectroscopy and Nano Sciences respectively.
Practical guidelines related to the planning and submission of a proposal and how to proceed when a beamtime has been granted can be found in the User Guide.
Currently funded beamlines: List and specifications
Bespoke and guided visits to MAX IV
Guided and customized visits for researchers (existing and users-to-be) are performed in groups of no more than 10 visitors. Larger visiting groups are divided into smaller ones. So as not to interfere with the staff and researchers at work, we conduct one tour at a time. Make your reservation well in advance by contacting us at: . You find information about getting here and hotels at the Visit us page. The MAX IV address and further contact information is found at the Contact page.
News & events
- 2017, October 23-24. 3rd Meeting of European User Offices. Lund, Sweden.
- 2017, June 21. One year anniversary since the MAX IV inauguration on 21 June 2016 and we are well on our way.
- 2017, March 13-15. About 300 participants have come to Lund for the 29th MAX IV Laboratory User Meeting UM17
- 2016, December 13. Limited call for normal proposal closed on January 16, 2017. This call was for proposals requesting beam time at the BioMAX and NanoMAX beamlines in the scientific areas Structural Biology and Nano Sciences. Beamtime allocated between April and June 2017.
- 2016, August 1. Fist call for beamline commissioning with experts was open for the Balder, BioMAX, HIPPIE and NanoMAX beamlines. Deadline 1st August 2016.
With the expertise and experience in commissioning and performing experiments at similar beamlines, the commissioning experts provide invaluable assistance in the further commissioning of these first four beamlines.
– Opening up for user access to beamlines is progressing well, say Jesper Andersen, Science Director and Marjolein Thunnissen, Head of MAX IV Users Office. We look forward to welcoming our first commissioning expert users who will contribute to the further commissioning of beamlines.
- 2016, June 21. On the day of summer solstice, 21 June 2016 13:08:55, the Inauguration ceremony of the new MAX IV facility took place at the MAX IV site.
- 2015, December 13. On 13 December 2015 the accelerators at MAX-lab stopped producing light. After decades of hard work and creative science we shut them down in preparation for running the new MAX IV 3 GeV.