We’re hiring an Industrial Relations Officer
We are looking for an Industrial Relations Officer that will take part in building up our Industrial Relations Team within the MAX IV User Office. We are developing our internal services as well as a strong network of partnerships that will help us guide Swedish and international companies to the experimental capabilities at MAX IV, including academic research groups and centers, mediator companies and research institutes.
We believe that you are an outgoing and socially skilled person with a keen interest to guide companies in their effort to solve R&D challenges with the help of the advanced research tools available at MAX IV. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills thus are capable of establishing trustworthy relations and create the necessary partnerships.
To be successful in this role we believe that you have solid scientific background with a Master or Ph.D. degree, preferably within life science/soft matter/biotechnology. Experience of research using synchrotron radiation is a definite merit. You have a background from an industrial research group or from an academic research environment with extensive industrial collaborations. Experience in interacting with funding agencies and science policy-making organizations is a strength in this position.
You can express yourself freely in both spoken and written English. Experience with writing applications and different types of legal documents is seen as a merit.
About MAX IV
MAX IV is a national large-scale research laboratory providing scientists from Sweden and the rest of the world with instruments for research in areas such as materials science, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. We are currently in an exciting phase were we gradually are going into operation with an open user program. Fully developed we will receive more than 2000 scientists annually. 200 people are currently employed at the MAX IV Laboratory.
The Industrial Relations Team is responsible for assisting industrial users and are actively promoting the facility towards different industries together with our collaboration partners, such as universities, mediator companies, institutes. We are a part of the User Office and are working closely with the Academic Relations Team in creating the best experience possible for a visiting user.
We offer an inspiring job in a stimulating and international working environment. MAX IV is located in the northern parts of Lund city with nature just outside the doorstep. Our facility is newly built with spacious offices and access to our own gym.
About the assignment
We are currently in an exciting phase where we are about to receive our first industrial users and we are now staffing up with a second position within the Industry Relations Team to be able to support a growing industrial user community and to reach out at a broader front.
Your tasks will include:
- Work with all Swedish and Nordic stakeholders to create an ‘ecosystem’ of academic and commercial partners around MAX IV to provide industry with an easy and high quality access to synchrotron based methods
- Setting up a portal for industrial usage at MAX IV, both on the web and in the shape of a physical office where we together with academia, research institutes, mediator companies and other regional and national organizations can guide industry to Swedish research infrastructures.
- Identify need for training and take active part in organizing courses and workshops together with partners such as universities, institutes, mediator companies etc.
- Act as a MAX IV representative at external meetings and events that can be both scientific and strategic in nature
- Help organizing outreach activities towards industrial and academic stakeholders
- Support the communication group with information and texts concerning industrial activities related to MAX IV
- Take initiatives to acquire additional funding for collaborations between MAX IV and industry
For questions regarding this position please contact Magnus Larsson, Head of Industry Relations at +46-725-546 309
|Type of employment||Temporary position 2 years|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||06.Dec.2017 11:59 PM CET|
Industrial Relations Team
+46 725 546 309