33rd MAX IV User Meeting – MAX IV in Focus
25-27 (28) October 2021, Scandic Star Lund & Hybrid participation options
Monday 25 October (09:00 – 19:00):
Morning: Satellite meetings
- Theoretical X-ray spectroscopy
- PhD program development group
Afternoon: Opening session
- Welcome from the MAX IV users association FASM.
- Directors´ science and facility status.
- Update on the ongoing MAX IV strategy 2023 – 2030.
- MAX IV and Industry.
- FASM Annual meeting
- User highlights from a year of Corona
- Poster session
Tuesday 26 October (09:00 – 18:00):
In order to allow for a wider representation of users and topics we are hosting 5 parallel sessions on Tuesday 26th.
All the sessions will include invited and submitted contributions.
Morning: User science results from MAX IV
- Five parallel sessions grouped by methods / techniques. Please submit abstract for your oral contribution. Deadline 3 September.
Afternoon: Forward looking science for MAX IV
- Five parallel sessions grouped by science topics. Please propose what you want to contribute with by registering your interest.
Your input and feedback is essential. Deadline 3 September
Satellite meeting: Theoretical X-ray spectroscopy
Wednesday 27 October (09:00 – 17:00):
Morning: Plenary session
- Cross cutting methods and opportunities
- Students science and PhD Thesis awards.
Afternoon: MAX IV strategy process, expressions of interest and development roadmap
- Overview of the MAX IV strategy and development roadmap process (MAX IV management)
- Oral pitches (5-10 minute each) on “Expressions of Interest (EoI) for large-scale investments at MAX IV” This in an open opportunity for anyone who wishes to present EoI’s that are intended for submission for Nov 18. (MAX IV will make a selection if and only if there are more contributions than we can accommodate)
- Plenum discussion about the strategy and roadmap process, next steps
Dinner for Ultrafast satellite
Thursday 28 October (09:00 – 13:00):
- Ultrafast x-ray science at MAX IV