Welcome to the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions.
Venue: Scandic Star Hotel, Lund.
- 2018-06-13: registration opens. First Newsletters announcement.
- 2018-07-31: second meeting notice. UM18-Flyer_A3.
- 2018-08-13: reminder to submit nominations for the MAX IV PhD Thesis award
- 2018-08-15: “MAX IV Laboratory PhD Thesis award 2018” nominations deadline.
- 2018-08-28: reminder before early registration.
- 2018-08-31: early registration ends.
- 2018-09-05: notification of accepted oral contributions.
- 2018-09-12: last reminder before registration closes, 2019-09-14 -Last Call
- 2018-09-24: User Meeting starts (Monday).
- 2018-09-26: User Meeting ends (Wednesday).
The User Meeting aims to create an interesting and valuable meeting for all concerned in consultation with MAX IV scientists, FASM (our users organization), SSUO/ESUO (the Swedish and European user organizations) as well the Swedish Universities through the MAX IV Universities Reference Group (URG) and the ESS. MAX IV now has both the 3 GeV and 1.5 GeV storage rings in operation and calls for normal proposals for structural biology, spectroscopy and nanoscience on BioMAX, HIPPIE and NanoMAX beamlines, respectively. A new Commissioning Experts call is now opened. All together this has lead to this year contents of the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions (UM18).
The two lunch-to-lunch days of the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions contents are:
- MAX IV User community, user science and its future horizons at MAX IV.
- Plenary talks.
- VR review of the needs for access to X-ray based facilities by the Swedish Research community.
- Directors´science and facility status.
- Seven parallel sessions on Tuesday 25th.
- Time for discussions within and across each field.
- News from FASM, SSUO/ESUO and ESS.
last but not least:
- Annual meeting of our user organization FASM.
- Clips from the students posters.
- Poster session.
- Poster and PhD Thesis awards.
- User Meeting banquet.
- Opportunity to visit some of the beamlines
- Commercial exhibitors of synchrotron-related equipment will have their stands during the whole length of the meeting.
- Event focus on outreach to the schools on Tuesday 25th.
Further information is being updated through these pages.
Other meetings for MAX IV Users held in 2018
It´s worth mentioning here that MAX IV users, from different research communities, have already had the opportunity to meet and contribute in two specific events which, for project-timeline reasons, were more valuable to organize them early in 2018:
2018, January 8th – 9th: 3rd DanMAX User Meeting
2018, January 23rd: 1st ForMAX User Workshop
Regardless of that we look forward to see these communities again joining the present and future MAX IV users in the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions