Commissioning expert calls
MAX IV is from time to time welcoming the submission of proposals, following special criteria as outline below, for scientific experiments that will help in the commissioning of new beamline capabilities. See the available techniques page for capabilities and beamlines currently available (if any) for commissioning experiments.
Proposers are requested to discuss their proposal with the beamline staff before submission. See above linked page for contact details. Proposers agree to the following criteria in the selection of proposals for beamtime and access to MAX IV under this call:
- The suggested commissioning experiment(s) must have the potential to significantly contribute to the development of the beamlines capabilities.
- The researchers coming to the MAX IV Laboratory must have the expertise necessary to be able to contribute to the development of the beamlines capabilities.
- The researchers coming to the MAX IV Laboratory can preferably contribute with expertise not already available in the beamline group or at MAX IV Laboratory.
- The commissioning expert users accept that commissioning of the beamline capabilities has preference over conducting the specific experiments that the researchers may have suggested.
- The commissioning expert users accept that scheduling and rescheduling may occur with short notice.
- Scientific excellence of the proposed experiment is regarded as a plus, but not a necessary requirement of a commissioning experiment.