MAX IV from time to time welcome the submission of proposals, following special criteria as outline below, for scientific experiments that will help in the commissioning of new beamline capabilities.
Available at: Please see the Call for proposal page and beamline pages for further information
Validity: 2 Cycles, approximately 1 year
Proposers agree to the following criteria in the selection of proposals for beamtime and access to MAX IV under these calls:
- The suggested commissioning experiment(s) must have the potential to significantly contribute to the development of the beamlines capabilities.
- The researchers coming to the MAX IV Laboratory must have the expertise necessary to be able to contribute to the development of the beamlines capabilities.
- The researchers coming to the MAX IV Laboratory can preferably contribute with expertise not already available in the beamline group or at MAX IV Laboratory.
- The commissioning expert users accept that commissioning of the beamline capabilities has preference over conducting the specific experiments that the researchers may have suggested.
- The commissioning expert users accept that scheduling and rescheduling may occur with short notice.
- Scientific excellence of the proposed experiment is regarded as a plus, but not a necessary requirement of a commissioning experiment.