What we offer
Whether you want to test your material’s capabilities, discover opportunities for product optimisation or validate your simulations with experimental data, synchrotron X-rays allow you to study your products and processes at a whole new level.
Industry services at MAX IV
- Beamtime at the beamlines
- Introduction to available techniques and methods
- Guidance and assistance before, during, and after your experiment
- Access to our support labs and tools such as the SPM laboratory (Scanning Probe Microscopy Lab), the BioLab, the chemical labs, and advanced magnets and optics tools
- The opportunity to shape the development of new instruments and beamline stations at MAX IV to suit your needs
We can help you identify the suitable techniques and beamlines for your experiment and organise training sessions to get you familiar with synchrotron techniques.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us to get the help and services you need.
Beamtime at MAX IV
As an industrial user, you can access beamtime either through general access together with an academic partner, or through proprietary access:
Get general access
Are you planning to work together with an academic partner and publish your data on peer reviewed journals? Then you can apply for free beamtime through our general access mode. See current and upcoming calls and deadlines for proposals.
Get proprietary access
If you want faster access to the beamlines and full confidentiality and IP control over your produced data, you can apply for beamtime through our industry-privileged proprietary access. Beamtime is offered either as single purchase for one specific project or through a framework agreement for repeated access. Contact our Industrial Relations Office to buy proprietary beamtime.
This is what the research journey at MAX IV looks like:
Are you a small or medium enterprise?
Then you might be eligible for the CALIPSOplus programme. CALIPSOplus helps small companies get tailor-made support and access to world-class accelerator-based light sources in Europe and in the Middle East. Visit the CALIPSOplus website.