Initiatives to facilitate an effective and sustainable scientific use of MAX IV
The overall purpose is to increase the general and specialised knowledge about the value of MAX IV in a wide range of communities. To that end, it is of great interest no only to engage MAX IV staff and resources, but also external partners. This mission is open to endless opportunities if one thinks of it from a global approach. In practice we need to start by acting locally through concrete, well defined, initiatives.
- Open call for proposals requiring training and education beamtime.
- SCIENTÍFika: series of scientific seminars organised by the User Office at MAX IV
- E-learning and Webinars.On‐line tools that support traditional form of training. A collection of you-tube videos produced by MAX IV is available. These include amongst others, longer webinars on “How MAX IV Works” and “Introduction into Protein Structure” (both in Swedish).
- Students as researchers. MAX IV User Meeting awards
- MAX IV Education/Training for Industry.
Upcoming and past events. Announcements of workshops, schools and any other event oriented to training, education, dissemination or outreach in any field relevant to MAX IV.
CoWork, A virtual Coherence Workshop: Inversion of Coherent X-ray data
Funded or in progress:
- PRISMAS – PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden
- Summer school and winter school. Week long courses on general methods or specialised topics. Theoretical lectures are combined with hands-on experience at the beamlines. The MAX IV Laboratory has a long tradition in co-organizing Synchrotron Radiation Summer Schools.
- MAX IV Education/Training for Educators, aimed specifically for high school and universities teachers. Those are an excellent way to increase the knowledge on MAX IV and can be an efficient way to introduce new methods into the broader scientific community.
- MAX IV support for university courses and industry training courses. MAX IV can contribute to university and industry training courses through lectures given by MAX IV staff or by giving an opportunity for a hands-on experience at MAX IV such as the Protein Chrystallography course organised in collaboration with SLU and Uppsala University.
Relevant information updated upon request:
Contact: Training & Education
- Education programs of importance for MAX IV. Universities, research centers and other institutions are active in educational efforts within fields of importance for MAX IV Laboratory.
- Links to external sites with education instruments, events, activities or material relevant to MAX IV.
- Advertisements of external positions, grants, projects, scientific events such as seminars, workshops, courses, etc. Please let us know.