Activities and material relevant to understand and use MAX IV
It is of great interest no only to engage MAX IV staff and resources, but also to promote third parties involvements on activities relevant to MAX IV. This mission is open to endless opportunities if one thinks of it from a global approach. In practice we need to start by acting locally through concrete well defined actions.
Instruments included in the MEP
Many of the education and training instruments included in the MEP are organised by external partners with the full collaboration of MAX IV. Some of these instruments are:
- Summer and Winter Schools. These are week long courses on either general methods or specialised topics. Theoretical lectures are combined with hands-on experience at the beamline. The MAX IV Laboratory has a long tradition in engagement in the Summer Schools within Synchrotron Radiation. The current Summer School 2020 – MAX IV in Focus has been postponed until further notice, due to the COVID-19 crisis. More information will be updated in MAX IV Summer School – MAX IV in Focus
- MAX IV Education/Training for Industry. Tailored courses aimed at specific industrial applications are organised.
- MAX IV Education/Training for Educators. Courses aimed specifically for highschool and university teachers are an excellent way to increase the knowledge on MAX IV and can be an efficient way to introduce new methods into the broader scientific community. The laboratory has a long-standing experience with Teacher Days which has had a positive outcome for both the facility and the participants.
- MAX IV support for university courses and industry training courses. MAX IV can contribute to university and industry training courses through lectures given by MAX IV staff or by giving an opportunity for a hands-on experience at MAX IV such as the Protein Chrystallography course organised in collaboration with SLU and Uppsala Univeristy.
- E-learning and Webinars. On‐line tools that support traditional form of training. A collection of you-tube videos produced by MAX IV is available. These include amongst others, longer webinars on “How MAX IV Works” and “Introduction into Protein Structure” (both in Swedish).
Beamtime for training and education
An open call for proposals that require beamtime within education and training has been established. Further information can be found at the training and education proposals web-page.The current MAX IV commitment in Training and Education can be found in the MAX IV Laboratory Education Policy 2015
Scientific events by MAX IV
Different scientific events such as seminars, talks, workshops, courses, etc. are co-organised by MAX IV.
SCIENTÍFika: series of scientific seminars organised by the User Office at MAX IV
- Scientific events. Announcements of workshops, schools and any other event oriented to training, education, dissemination or outreach in any field relevant to MAX IV.
- Education programs of importance for MAX IV. Universities, research centers and other institutions are active in educational efforts within fields of importance for MAX IV Laboratory. Pages updated upon request.
- Advertisements of external positions, grants, projects, etc. Pages updated upon request.
- Links to external sites with education instruments, events, activities or material relevant to MAX IV. Pages updated upon request.
Contact: Training & Education