Training and education beamtime
Next CALL would be open in September 2022
Call open: 2022 February 14
Call close: 2022 March 14 23:59 CET
Beamtime cycle: Aug 2022 – July 2023 (upon agreement with the corresponding beamline).
If the above beamtime cycle doesn't fit with your current academic calendar, or with your current need or interest for such activity, we are happy to hear from you to find out a better arrangement.
Please find below more tips and details on:
- How to proceed to apply for Training and education beamtime
- Training and education beamtime proposals procedure
- Previous training & education calls.
The training and education beamtime is relevant in the context of a university course, a training workshop or some other activity that could benefit from training and education beamtime at MAX IV, Here is the form that must be completed, uploaded and submitted from the DUO System.
For more details on how to apply, see below our suggestions.
1. How to proceed to apply for Training and education beamtime:
1) Have a look to the Training and education form to be aware of the input we need to collect from you.
2) Contact MAX IV, through the user office or the beamline staff, in good time in order to initiate discussions to:
- agree on which beamline would be best suited for your needs,
- establish what kind of experiment is suited for the course/workshop,
- what amount of beamtime is required,
- how much support from the staff is needed,
- the time frame in which the course will take place.
- any aspects connected to the expectations from the activity, the plan for the practical implementation or its feasibility.
3) Login into the DUO System to submit your Training and education type of proposal. This access modality is implemented in DUO since 2021.
The Research Area to choose is Training and education, this would allow you to select one of more Requested Beamlines.
2. Training and education beamtime proposals procedure:
- There are two Training and education beamtime calls per year:
- spring call for beamtime to take place between the current year August and the following year July (August – July)
- autumn call for beamtime to take place between the following year January and December (January – December)
- The proposals will be evaluated by the stablished review panel. The T&E PAC aims at meeting around 6 weeks after the call close.
- Results will be communicated to the proposer about 1-2 weeks after the T&E PAC meeting.
- Participants, samples, safety protocols such as safety training and scheduling of beamtime will be administered through the DUO system.
- The list of training and education proposal and beamtime will be listed on the web.
The MAX IV Laboratory Education Policy 2015.pdf, states that up to 2% of the overall beamtime could be allocated to this Training and Education access mode.
Feel free to contact Ana Labrador by email or phone +46 766 32 33 28, if you are interested or have further questions on such user and beamline cooperative experience.