SESAME – MAX IV training
Update December 2019
- A second call for scholarships has been funded by the Swedish Institute and will open in the beginning of 2020. We encourage you to come back here to read how to apply soon!
- The allocated funding in the first call has now been awarded and all candidates have received their training.
See for example: https://www.maxiv.lu.se/news/reflections-from-the-sesame-scholarship-programme-neama-imam/ and https://www.maxiv.lu.se/news/reflections-from-the-sesame-scholarship-programme-saeed-saedy/
Information about the FIRST call
The Swedish Institute (https://si.se/en/) is funding scholarships for training and exchange at MAX IV Laboratory in Sweden. The Scholarships are open for scientists and PhD students active at or in relation with SESAME to spend 3-6 months in Sweden.
The aim of the program is to develop the scientific activities around SESAME and the laboratory itself. The MAX IV Laboratory is under commissioning and the scientific program has recently started. By providing the possibility to join a group in Sweden, knowledge and experience can be exchanged. This relates to training in the use of Synchrotron Radiation, the design/build-up/commissioning of beamlines and experimental stations and the accelerator systems.
The program is run in collaboration between Lund University, Uppsala University, MAX IV Laboratory and the Swedish Institute.
Please note: the scholarships are NOT intended for regular beamtime at MAX IV.
The program is starting immediately (January 2018).
Total available funding in the first round: 366.000 SEK (~ 37 000 €)
Scholarships (100 SEK ~ 10 €)
- 3-6 months
- PhD students 15 000 SEK/month
- Scientists 18 500 SEK/month
- Travel allowance 15 000 SEK/scholarship holder
Eligible to apply
- Research and activity towards SESAME
- Citizen of Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Pakistan, Palestine or Turkey.
How to apply
THE FIRST CALL IS CLOSED AND NOT OPEN FOR FURTHER APPLICATIONS.
THE INFORMATION BELOW IS GIVEN AS INDICATION ONLY.
The application should contain
- Main application including a project plan (approx 2 pages)
- Publication list
- References (name and email)
The application will be evaluated and scholarships awarded according to the criteria below. Consider these carefully when preparing the application.
- Plan showing how the training is connected to SESAME
- Project within relevant field
- Scientific qualifications
- Scientific references
- Project possible in Sweden and a suitable research group available
- Project plan and goal with the stay
- Ambition and possibility to develop projects towards SESAME
- An equal gender balance among the scholarship holders
Dowload the describing document: Training and exchange_v4.pdf