COVID-19 information concerning MAX IV
Information for users, contractors and other visitors
latest update 15 June 2020
- MAX IV follows the recommendations and regulations from Lund University, which can be found here. Please note, especially if you are a user at MAX IV, this implies:
- We welcome users, contractors and other visitors from all places, provided the safety of everyone at MAX IV is maintained in accordance with the recommendations of Lund University, public health authorities including the Swedish Public Health Agency (FHM), and safeguards as described below. International travel restrictions as well as restrictions imposed by the users home institutions can apply and are beyond MAX IVs control or knowledge.
- Work environment responsibility for users connected to travel and stay at MAX IV rests with their employer first and foremost, as does the obligation to follow Swedish authorities recommendations. MAX IV can therefore not be part of a users decision to travel. MAX IV ensures a local safe workplace for all people at the lab.
- Users are encouraged to utilize remote or mail-in access whenever possible with acceptable impact on their project.
- On arrival at MAX IV, users must sign a consent document including a health statement [Consent form.pdf].
- You must stay away from MAX IV laboratory if you have the slightest symptoms, even if you firmly believe that they are not related to Covid-19.
- You must stay away from MAX IV laboratory if you have had known contact with a Covid-19 case during 14 days prior to the visit.
- We discourage beamtime participation by people not strictly necessary to run the experiment, in order to limit physical contacts. User groups are limited to max 3 persons allowed on-site simultaneously, and max 5 in total if there is need for shift-work.
- No on-site registration / safety test for users will be permitted, only pre-registered users are admitted.
- Until further notice, no study visits, collaboration visits, training activities or other external meetings or workshops are to take place on MAX IV premises. MAX IV staff may decide to perform such activities, following FHM guidelines, at outside venues. Other necessary visits are restricted to groups of no more than 3, except for contractors and users for immediate on-site work.
- To avoid crowding in the lunch areas, users, and other visitors are not allowed to enter the lunch areas and kitchens between 11:00 and 14:00 on weekdays.
- MAX IV Reception has reduced opening hours and is open 08:00 – 12:00. Between 12:00 and 16:30, please call +46462229872 or email for assistance.
- Register all participants planned for a beamtime session and apply for access cards as a participant in DUO as early as possible, so we know you are coming. Make sure your telephone number in DUO is up to date. Do not make advance travel arrangements that cannot be cancelled.
- Please note: MAX IV may cease or reduce the operation of one or several beamlines on short notice.
- If you need to cancel your beamtime, do so at least three weeks in advance to stay eligible for re-scheduling.
- MAX IV is committed to giving all users the opportunity to perform their experiments, please find our rules for re-scheduling of beamtime here.