There are three chemical labs along the R3 ring and one chemical lab in the R1 ring providing visitors with areas close to their beamlines for final sample preparation, chemical/sample storage etc. These labs house general chemistry lab equipment as well as some more specialized equipment.
- Atmos bags (on request)
- Cold storage
- Fume hoods
- pH meters
- Supply of ultrapure water
- Ultrasonic baths
- Waste disposal facilities
- Glovebox (planning in commissioning)
- Hot plate w/ or w/o stirrer
- SensoDirect 150 handled pH/Con/TDS/Dissolved oxygen/temperature meter
- Stereomicroscope Nikon SMZ745 (magnification range 6,7-50X, working distance 115mm) in Soft Xray lab
- Ossila spin coater in Soft Xray lab
- Struers LaboPol-30 grinding and polishing instrument in Mini-lab
For general enquiries on the support labs, please contact your local contact or the lab manager of the labs. Users are advised to contact the lab manager to enquire about the use of specific equipment well in advance of their visit to MAX IV. Users are advised to book the lab and conduct risk assessment at least 2 weeks before their arrival using the following link:
A face to face induction is required to get the access to the Chemical labs. The access is valid during the beamtime and for one year. Users will be contacted after their booking is confirmed to book the time for induction. A fixed time slot on Tuesday 2 p.m. is reserved every week for induction to the Chemical labs. Inductions at other times must be booked well in advance (2 weeks before arrival).
Any work that is carried out in the chemical labs must be suitably risk assessed in the lab booking form. Please contact the lab manager if you need more information.
Yang Chen – Lab Manager of Bio and Chem labs
Katarina Liljenberg – Chemical Safety Officer
Susanna Johnmark – Environmental Coordinator