SEM lab at NanoMAX
A sample characterization lab featuring a Hitachi FlexSEM 1000 ii and two optical microscopes is available for all users of MAX IV Laboratory.
It is located at NanoMAX beamline, r. A100382.
Please, note that:
- As of now, there is no person assigned as the microscope’s operator. Should you definitely need help in imaging your sample(s), tab “Contacts” in the menu to the right lists people who could help you with setting up and running your SEM experiment. Their ability to help you depends on their current load, primary tasks, and other duties, so unless agreed well in advance do not expect immediate help.
- As long as there is no queue to the instrument, it hosts users on the “first come – first served” basis. Should the demand increase, there will be a schedule with time slots available for booking.
- There will be some consumables (SEM cups, common holders, carbon tape, silver paste) and a set of simplistic tools for mounting your samples, listed under “Infrastructure” tab to the right. Should you need more sophisticated sample holders, or extensive sample preparation, get in touch with .
- Keep in mind that in order to get to the SEM/SC lab you’ll need to go through NanoMAX control hutch. Please, step lightly and try not to disturb the others in the control room who might be conducting experiments.
NO ONE is allowed to use SEM or optical microscopes in the SEM/SC lab before being instructed by an instrument responsible person.
- Should the instrument demand increase, there will be a remote/online training for accessing the lab.
- Basic chemistry lab rules apply: use common sense, no food and no drinks in the lab.