Infrastructure and user facilities
- Standard facilities for user experiments include the following: cooling water (T = 27 °C), electricity, pressurized air, dry nitrogen, liquid nitrogen, local network, WiFi for internet access.
- Liquid helium (if needed) has to be ordered several days before the experiment starts.
- Two fire-proof gas cabinets for connecting gas cylinders and a number of dedicated gas panels for gas distribution and introduction into experimental stations will be available (please notice that strict safety regulations apply upon handling gases at MAX IV).
- Two cranes (up to 1 t and up to 0.5 t) are available at the beamline (to be operated only by persons with certified training).
- There are two control rooms for visiting scientists (one for each branch) and an extra room for sample/equipment preparation and storage:
- An additional (large but shared with other beamlines) sample/equipment preparation laboratory is located just in front of the FlexPES beamline (room D100059). It is extra ventilated for cleaner conditions, and is equipped with supplies of pressurized air and dry nitrogen, work benches (two on wheels), shelves, sink with cold and warm water, fume hood, spot welding machine, optical microscope with image recording, spin coater, two ultrasonic baths, fire-proof cabinet for storing acetone and ethanol, four excicators, tool cabinet, etc
- A shared chemical laboratory is also located just in front of the FlexPES beamline (room D100060). It is equipped with fire-proof cabinets and refrigerators for storing chemicals, three fume hoods, supplies of pressurized air and dry nitrogen, work benches, shelves, sink with cold and warm water, glove box, balances, hot plates, furnaces, milli-Q water purification system, etc