FemtoMAX User Information
The FemtoMAX beamline is dedicated to time-resolved experiments.
Currently available are the following items:
- 800 nm pump laser
- 3-10 keV X-rays
- 80 Gs, 36 GHz oscilloscope
- <2 ps timing accuracy (jitter between laser and X-rays)
- 2 Hz operation
Work in progress:
- Undulator scanning
- 10 Hz operation
- Pulse duration and pulse jitter monitoring on 100 fs level.
- Extending pump and probe spectral range
- Detector commissioning
- Procurement of MCP-PMT
Expertise for the following tasks is looked for in this call:
- Experiments where the fluorescence from different samples are measured with 100 ps temporal resolution following short X-ray pulse excitation.
- Studies of thin samples from 2D materials (graphene, ML-graphene, MAX-phase materials etc.) with limited (a few ps) temporal resolution
Limitation of the first call: Until a permit has been approved we cannot operate at higher repetition rates than 2 Hz. Our anticipation is that this will allow for feasibility tests only, but not for scientific production.
We expect the typical duration of one feasibility test to be about 2 weeks.