FemtoMAX User Information
The FemtoMAX beamline is dedicated to time-resolved experiments.
Currently available are the following items:
- 800 nm pump laser; OPA pump 1600 nm – 400 nm; THz generated in organic crystals from either 1500 nm or 800 nm.
- 1.8-12 keV X-rays
- 80 Gs, 36 GHz oscilloscope
- <1 ps timing accuracy (jitter between laser and X-rays); 5 ps drift over 10 minutes; 500 fs post-sorting
- 10 Hz operation
Work in progress:
- Detailed Flux measurements for different photons energies
- 100 Hz operation
- Pulse duration and pulse jitter monitoring on 100 fs level.
- Extending pump and probe spectral range
We expect the typical duration of an experiment to be 2 weeks.