Bloch User Information
Certain features of the beamline and endstations are still actively being worked on.
Take these comments into account when planning your experiment
- Specifications: 10-1000eV
- Comments: Commissioned for high flux in the range 10-250eV, corresponding to the first harmonic of the EPU. Higher energies (250-1000eV) suitable for core level spectroscopy are possible through the EPU wiggler mode, with significantly reduced flux.
- Specifications: 4 gratings, 4000 lines/mm for cNIM mode and 92, 800 and 2400 lines/mm for the cPGM mode.
- Comments: 800 lines/mm grating installed and commissioned. 92, 2400, 4000 lines/mm grating installed, commissioning nearing completion.
- Specifications: Fully elliptically polarizing undulator
- Comments: Horizontal and vertical linear polarization commissioned. Circular polarization under commissioning.
- Specifications: < 20K at sample position
- Comments: 18K achieved at sample position using high LHe flow, but consumption is very high. 24K can be maintained with reasonable consumption (2L/h). On liquid nitrogen, 84K at sample position can be maintained indefinitely.
Variable sample temperature
- Specifications: Arbitrary temperature stabilization between 20K-420K at the sample position.
Comments: Achieved by counter-heating the cryostat and adjusting cryogen flowrate. Above 330K requires cryogen flow to be stopped.
- Specifications: 3D Spin ARPES.
- Comments: Part of second end station, under commissioning.
Higher order suppression
- Specifications: Quasi periodic undulator, solid state filters and gas filter.
- Comments: Only Quasi periodic undulator is commissioned and available for higher order suppression.