Balder User Information
Balder beamline attributes
|Beam Size||defocused V ~0.1-2 x H ~ 2-9 mm2, focused 100 x 100 µm2|
|Energy Range||2.4 - 40 keV|
|Time Scales||ms - s|
|Samples||covering K-edges from S to La and L-edges from Nb in almost any sample in any form under many condition see text on the main page|
Current beamline performance (updated 2019-02-11)
|Beam size||Focused H 100 x V 80 µm2 (Si111), 90 x 90 µm2 (Si311)
Defocused vertical 2 mm
|Energy range||5 - 40 keV|
|Time scales||Step scan 30 min/EXAFS
Fly scan 30 sec/EXAFS
|Sample related||Translations at ambient conditions for transmission|
Information for the first user call:
- Balder beamline is providing transmission XANES/EXAFS in the energy range from 5 – 40 keV (DCM Si 111, Si 311).
- Scanning can be made in step scan mode (~30 min/EXAFS) or in fly scan mode (~30 sec/EXAFS). XANES spectra will be correspondingly faster.
- Sample translations at ambient conditions.
- Fluorescent detection XAS is in commissioning and not included in this user call.
- XES is not yet available.
- XRD is not available.
The multi-sample holding plates fit to the translation stages used at ambient conditions. The same size (22 x 75 mm2) and interface will also fit in the coming cryostat and be compatible with robotic sample loading (exception the 13 mm pellet plate). If users want to design their own holders, please use the same interface (2x ∅5.6 mm holes and the 3.4 mm slot). Drawings are available upon request.