Here we gather all user-driven initiatives in the context of the MAX IV process of developing a science-driven strategy to guide MAX IV development during the period of 2023–2030. General info on parent page: MAX IV strategy 2023 – 2030
Many activities will be ongoing to gather user communities with different interests in connection to entering major items into the Roadmap as well as the content of the Strategy document, we make an attempt to list what we know is going on here.
Download presentations about the process and its status for public use
This is a short presentation for public use about the current status quo on the process for the Strategy and Roadmap, about where people can find information, and how they can get involved.
Please note that items for the Roadmap are gathered via a call for contributions.
Upcoming workshops related to the Strategy and/or Roadmap work
There are no known upcoming workshops at this time. The major things in the pipeline are:
- November 22nd, 2021 (midnight) – Deadline for Expressions of Interest and Nominations of candidates for the Evaluation Committee.
- January 15th, 2021 – Second draft of the strategy document.
- June 17th , 2021 – Tender X-ray e.g. HAXPES beamline workshop – Read more about it here.
- August 24th, 2021 – Workshop on a future hard X-ray operando diffraction beamline – OPERA. Please contact Magnus Colliander (Chalmers) if you have any questions.
- August 26th, 2021 – Workshop on a Future µ-Spectro-microscopy Beamline. Link to event page here.
- September 1st, 09:00 – 12:15 CET, 2021 – Tackling Environmental Challenges. Link to event page here.
- September 3rd, 13:00 – 16:15 CET, 2021 – Workshop for IR spectromicroscopy beamline MIRARI. Link to event page here.
- September 8th, 09:00 – 12:15 CET, 2021 – Energy Technologies and Materials I – Workshop on photovoltaics and related materials. Link to event page.
- September 10th, 09:00 – 12.15 CET, 2021 – Energy Technologies and Materials II – Workshop Energy Conversion: Thermal- and Electrocatalysis. Link to event page.
- September 10th, 13.30 – 16.00 CET, 2021 – Upgrade of the “dirty matter” photoemission endstation at the FlexPES B-branch at MAX IV. Link to event page here.
- September 28th, 15:00 – 17:00 CET, 2021 – Presentation of the Conceptual Design Report for the Soft X-ray Laser@MAX IV (SXL). Link to event page here.
- October 5th – October 6th, 09:00 – 16:00 CET, 2021 – Workshop “ARPES in Sweden”. Link to event page.
- October 15th, 09:00 – 12:00 CET, 2021 – Energy Technologies and Materials IV – Organised by Aleksandar Matic (Chalmers). Info on the events page.
- October 20th, 9:00 – 12:00 CET, 2021 – Workshop on synchrotron tomography for future MAX IV experiments. Organised by Rajmund Mokso, Stephen
Hall & Martin Bech. Link to event page.
- October 21st, 9:00 – 12:00 CET, 2021 – Workshop on Structural Biology – Health and Medicine I. Organised by Thomas Ursby (); link to event page.
- October 21st, 13:00 – 16:00 CET, 2021 – Energy Technologies and Materials III – Workshop Bioenergy Technologies. Organised by Nils Skoglund (UmU). link to events page.
- October 25th – 27th, 2021 – The 33rd MAX IV User Meeting
- October 28, 2021 – Ultrafast x-ray science using SXL at MAX IV. Organised by Jonas Sellberg and Per Eng-Johnsson. Link to event page.