MAX IV Board
The Board has the overall responsibility for ensuring that MAX IV Laboratory complies with the regulations and agreements that govern the operation of the laboratory.
The Board’s key duties include:
- specification and approval of working regulations and procedures for the Board, the Director and the Management Team;
- specification and approval of steering documents;
- approval of financial reports with regard to the activities of MAX IV Laboratory;
- approval of the annual budget as well as of major investments required for maintenance and new constructions;
- approval of strategic documents requested by the laboratory’s funders.
The Board shall also actively work to attract new funding and to promote the industrial use of MAX IV Laboratory.
The Board consists of nine members including the Chair. Members are appointed by Lund University in consultation with the Swedish Research Council (VR) and Vinnova. Board members are appointed for a term of 3 years. The term of the current Board runs from 1 November 2016.
Hans Hertz (Chair), KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Caterina Biscari, ALBA Synchrotron Light Source, Spain
Bo Brummerstedt Iversen, Aarhus University, Denmark
Lena Claesson-Welsh, Uppsala University, Sweden
Andrew Harrison, Diamond Light Source, UK
Sven Lidin, Lund University, Sweden
Richard Neutze, Göteborg University, Sweden
Anna Sandström, AstraZeneca, Sweden
Marianne Sommarin, Umeå University, Sweden
The MAX IV Board is required to meet at least 4 times a year.